My birthday is May 4th, which also happens to be Star Wars Day.
This wasn’t a big deal to me until a few years ago, when “May the 4th” Star Wars memes started popping up all over social media.
For those who don’t know, the saying goes: “May the 4th be with you,” as a play on the infamous movie quote.
If I’m being honest, I found the numerous Star Wars memes on my birthday annoying at first.
But then I realized what a cool thing it was to have a birthday on such a special pop culture day.
So, I embraced it!
23 Awesome Ways to Celebrate Star Wars Day
I mean, I’m a total word nerd, so how could I dismiss such an obvious and hilarious pun?
And now, our crazy Star Wars-obsessed kids have an excuse to go all out celebrating mom’s birthday in galactic style!
If you’d like to join in on the fun, there’s no need to visit a galaxy far, far away — you can celebrate Star Wars Day right at home!
Read on for 23 awesome ways to celebrate Star Wars Day:
- Dress up as your favorite Star Wars character.
- Grab a cozy blanket and settle in for a Star Wars movie marathon.
- Bake Star Wars cookies using Star Wars-shaped cookie cutters.
- Have a lightsaber battle (winner gets a wookie cookie).
- Send some funny Star Wars gifs to friends and family.
- Print out some free Star Wars coloring pages from the Star Wars site.
- Make Star Wars origami finger puppets.
- Read some Star Wars books or comics.
- Set your phone’s ringtone to the Imperial March.
- Play a game of Star Wars I Spy.
- Listen to Star Wars stories being read by actual Star Wars actors, like Daisy Ridley (Rey), Joonas Suotamo (Chewbacca), and Anthony Daniels (C-3PO).
- Binge watch some episodes of The Mandalorian on Disney+.
- Play some online Star Wars games.
- Talk like Yoda all day. (“Hungry, I am feeling.” Or, “Bath, I must take.”)
- Build a Star Wars Lego set.
- Play a game of freeze dance to Star Wars music.
- Count how many times you can say “I have a bad feeling about this” or “It’s a trap” in normal conversation.
- Make some Star Wars themed food.
- Refer to your children all day as “padawans.”
- Shop at these online retailers offering special Star Wars Day deals.
- Check out Let’s Draw Star Wars and Let’s Make Star Wars on the Star Wars Kids YouTube channel for fun crafts and activities for your kids.
- Have a Star Wars battle with Rogue One Nerf blasters.
- Watch this video and have a good laugh at the seriously funny lip-synching of scenes from Empire Strikes Back.
Whether you’re on the dark side or the light side, this Star Wars Day is sure to be a blast!
“May the 4th” be with you, fellow Jedi Masters (a.k.a., moms), while you make fun memories with your young padawans this Star Wars Day.
Want to get featured on the blog? Leave your details here!