I’m excited to feature Arianne from Arianne’s Joy this week! Arianne shared her summer routine at last week’s linkup. I LOVE her printables – she covers daily routines, house rules, individual checklists for each kid, morning & evening chores, arts & crafts, summer activities & MORE.
Her checklists are going to help us get through the last few weeks of summer (my 4 year-old is getting BORED). Arianne is one of the first members of Mom Resource & she really does have an uplifting joy in her spirit.
Arianne posts about everything from her home salon to her handcrafted jewelry to life with her beautiful daughter Katelyn who has Autism. You will enjoy looking around Arianne’s Joy today.
Show Arianne some love click here to tweet her & congratulate her!
Advertising & Promoting Yourself
We’re having a discussion now our Facebook group about blog advertising & promotion. Many of us are focused on TRAFFIC TRAFFIC TRAFFIC, which can be very discouraging.
Here is some fantastic advice offered within the group (and by the way, here is how you join the Facebook group):
Katrina from Oui C’est Chic: I got my first sponsored post even before my site was launched. Before I had a monetized blog, I had a hobby blog and recommended some stylish maternity clothing companies I had found in Paris. After publishing my post, I reached out to these companies on Twitter and Facebook, and one was very enthusiastic and republished a link to my article. Six months later the same clothing company was launching their new collection and their PR team reached out to me to do another post about their collection. I said yes, but asked to be paid and explained I was launching a new site. I was paid $250 plus given hundreds of dollars in clothing. My advice is to approach small companies with an active social media presence for sponsored post opportunities. Make sure you really like their products and so would your audience. Make up a slick looking PDF price sheet/media kit in Canva and send it out to these companies. Work on increasing your social media following in the mean time and update your sheet monthly.
Johlene from Flavours & Frosting: Why do we always think others are better at something than us? Meanwhile they probably feel the same. When I stopped worrying about other blogs in my niche and decided to make sure that I learn something new about blogging and desserts everyday, that was when I started growing. Advertising: you could start with offering side banners or in post banners. You should charge your daily visitors (not page views) divided by 10 per banner ad. So if your daily visitors are 500, you should charge 50.
Jody from Easy Peasy Mom: I think we all have our moments of uncertainty with blogging and it can definitely be intimidating once you start comparing yourself to others. But try and remember why you started blogging in the first place and people will appreciate your authentic point of view! I’m trying to tell myself the same thing by the way!
I love Katrina’s advice about sending a Media Kit to brands you want to work with. Here’s a Pinterest Media Kit board I’ve compiled with lots of examples, so they are handy when I get around to putting mine together.
I don’t have a Media Kit yet, but I just recently published an Advertising page for Mom Resource. What do you think? If your traffic numbers are far from amazing, here is what I suggest:
- Focus on your “Reach”. This is about more than just your blog traffic. It includes your social media following as well, to show how far advertisers can promote their message when working with you. I’m constantly sharing this post on how to grow your Twitter followers because it’s an easy way to quickly & effectively increase your reach. If Twitter isn’t your thing, focus on something else – Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube. Building a social media following can be beneficial both for your blog & for your reach.
- Include your Klout Score. If you don’t know it, find out your Klout score (I bet it’s higher than you think – 40 is average). I’d love if you would share thoughts about your Klout score in the comments section!
- Include your Klout rankings by topic. Are you ranking high for specific topics? Expert level? Within the top 1%? You do not need loads of traffic to prove that the traffic you do have is highly targeted. ADVERTISERS LOVE highly targeted traffic!
- Mention brands you’ve already worked with. Without knowing your site very well, this will help new companies to better identify your brand & become comfortable with you & your reputation.
Beyond the Advertising page itself, here are some tips to keeping your spirits up when you hit a blogging low:
- Learn something new – stop putting off that online webinar or download that e-book you’ve been hearing so many great things about.
- Network – join a group like Mom Resource that offers support & encouragement!
- Take a break – as short as a shower or as long as a few days. Stepping away can provide so much clarity.
- Go to a party – I learn SO MUCH from going to blog parties & surfing around to see what other people are working on & sharing online. From tools & layouts to content ideas & images – I’m constantly inspired (I have a SECRET Pinterest board where I bookmark my “I need to do this” finds). I’m working on a MEGA list of blog parties – it’s still under construction, but you can check it out & even add your favorites.
Thinking about starting your own blog? I’ve got you covered!
Click here to find out how to start a successful blog in just a few minutes!
- Tweet & share Mom Blog Party, so others can join the fun.
- Leave comments on the blogs you visit to let them know you visited!
Disclosure: By linking up to the Mom Resource link party you are giving permission to highlight your project and/or photos on the Mom Resource blog & social media outlets for promotional or feature purposes. I will only use your email to send a reminder once the link up party starts.
Affiliates Paying $50+
Ready to earn $50+ for just 1 sale? Find something your audience will LOVE & get paid to share it!
You'll Also Like:
Latest posts by Saira Perl (see all)
- 50+ Christmas Printables From Bloggers - November 6
- Christmas Bingo For Large Group – 140 Cards - November 5
- 40+ Fall Activities For Kids – Ideas From Bloggers - October 31