This post was sponsored by Trademore. I was paid for this post.
If you’ve been wondering where to sell old electronics, you’re in luck.
We’ve been looking to sell our old phones & the reason might surprise you.
Yes selling old phones is a great way to quickly make extra.
But no, that’s now why we’re selling ours.
See, we have an 8-year-old who is begging for a phone.
Yes, an EIGHT year old.
She recently thought she had outsmarted me by asking “how old were YOU when you got a phone?”.
I love telling that story, because the joke is on her – “I was 24-years-old when I got my first phone”.
The look of shock on her face was PRICELESS.
Her friends have started getting their own phones….
With their own phone numbers….
In THIRD GRADE.
No way – we’re not having it.
So, while we have a drawer full of old phones that we haven’t bothered to sell yet, now is the time.
It’s time to unload the old phones, and remove the temptation altogether.
And it’s even easier than I realized to sell old electronics for money online.
I’ll show you step-by-step exactly what I’ve found out below.
Click here to save this post for later (link to Pinterest pin).
Where To Sell Old Electronics For Extra Money
Step 1: Choose The Device You Want To Trade-In
Go to Trademore to choose the device & model you want to trade-in here.
They make it easy to quickly find out how much you can get for trading-in your phone.
Just scroll through the list & find your phone.
Then select a few details about your device:
And choose the 1 that you think fits best:
- Perfect – fully functional in like-new condition with no scratches or blemishes
- Good – fully functional with normal wear and tear, minor cosmetic scratches
- Poor – not fully functional or has cracked screen and/or bent housing
Then to continue to see your offer.
Enter your details and choose how you’d like to get your payment:
- Get paid with PayPal (money direct deposit into your account)
- Get paid with a virtual Mastercard® Gift Card
Step 2: Send In Your Device
Trademore will send you a free, pre-packaged, pre-paid box, with all the instructions to send in your device.
While you wait for your pre-paid box to arrive:
- Deactivate – turn off any security features like Find My iPhone or Android Activation Lock
- Remove any cards – backup your data, photos, and remove your SIM card and SD memory cards
- Erase all your data – reset your device to erase all content & settings
Then once your pre-paid box arrives, send in your device for inspection.
Your offer from Trademore is locked-in for 30 days, so send in your device as soon as you get the box.
Step 3: Get Paid!
You’ve selected how you want to receive your payment.
You’ve sent in your device.
Your device has been inspected.
Now, the best part – you get paid.
You’ll see a list of top traded phones as well as the average price ranges for each phone.
You can choose to either sell your phone for money or trade in your phone for another one.
If you have tablets or smartwatches to trade in, you can run through the exact same steps for those too.
My blog may contain links to other websites.I am not responsible for the privacy policies of those other websites. When you click on a link, your information may be collected by those websites so I encourage you to read their privacy policies. Any affiliate links are not associated with Trademore.
Affiliates Paying $50+
Ready to earn $50+ for just 1 sale? Find something your audience will LOVE & get paid to share it!
You'll Also Like:
Latest posts by Saira Perl (see all)
- Mardi Gras Party Games & Fun Activities - February 17
- St. Patrick’s Day Party Games – Printable Game Cards - February 7
- Slime Party Games – Printables For Girls - February 5