National Birth Mother’s Day is the Saturday right before Mother’s Day.
Birth Mom’s are, of course, Moms and should be honored on Mother’s Day.
However, this is a little different.
Everyone has a unique adoption or fostering story.
Sometimes families aren’t in contact or have limited connections with birth families and that makes gift-giving a little tricky.
Celebrating Birth Mothers on the day before Mother’s Day gives us a special day to think of your child’s Birth Mom.
Talk about birth mom if your child wants to, and maybe start some new traditions.
Below are a few different ideas for celebrating Birth Mother’s Day.
10 Birth Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
Since no two families are alike, we’ve included a couple different options for each situation.
This way, no matter what your adoption or fostering connections are like, we’ve got you covered for Birth Mother’s Day.
Option 1 – Something To Mail
- Card with child’s hand either stamped, or outlined and dated. Include some photos!
- Cut a length of string or yarn to your child’s height and glue to card stock in the shape of a heart. “This is the length of me.”
- Flower craft that you can print, measure your child, and mail.
- Order a photo calendar and have a photo from the previous year for each month. Takes some planning!
Option 2 – In Person Delivery
- Fresh flowers. Store bought or picked from your garden.
- Bouquet of handprints. Cut them out after stamping or painting prints and add pipe cleaners. Arrange with a ribbon.
- A fresh flower for every age your child is.
- Simple photo book: Hole punch a photo from every month and string a ribbon through it. Make a simple cover that says “Photos of Me!” with the month and year on the back of the photo.
Option 3 – No Connection To Birth Mom
- Plant flowers on Saturday.
- Look through any birth photos or any connection that your child may have had with Birth Mom.
- Look up interesting facts are the state or country (if international adoption) Birth Mom is from.
I hope you enjoy honoring Birth Mom this year!
Happy Mom Day!
Want to get featured on the blog? Leave your details here!