Not many people on Twitter will share this secret with you, but YES, I get PAID to TWEET.
You don’t have to spend any money at all, or you can invest just a little bit to get results even quicker.
So HOW can YOU make money with Twitter?!
Here’s exactly how…
Full disclosure, this post contains affiliate links. If you use them I will receive commissions, at no extra cost to you.
Here Are 5 Ways I Get Paid To Tweet
YES! You really really can get paid to tweet with Twitter! Really!
Make sure you signup here, so I can send you more about making money online as I figure out what works!
1. Pay Per Tweet
Companies like Huggies, Pillsbury, Better Homes & Gardens, JP Morgan Chase, and The Cheesecake Factory will pay influencers to talk about their brand online.
How much do they pay?
I’ve been paid up to $35/tweet, but usually it’s around $50 for 8 tweets.
And sometimes the company pre-writes the tweets for you!
$50 a pop for copying & pasting 8 sentences? Yes, thank you!
Here are links to a few of the sponsored tweets I have been paid to post. Feel free to like & share ;)
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 https://twitter.com/MomResource/status/711347015448403968
- JP Morgan Chase https://twitter.com/MomResource/status/709381066616922112
- American Idol https://twitter.com/MomResource/status/683697181971341312
- LG Electronics https://twitter.com/MomResource/status/682763378473959424
- War Room Movie https://twitter.com/MomResource/status/682759383802068992
- Gillette https://twitter.com/MomResource/status/681116638687719424
- Coca-Cola https://twitter.com/MomResource/status/679377544748122112
- HBO https://twitter.com/MomResource/status/673276962287304705
So how do you connect with these big companies?
There are lots of agencies that you can signup with.
These are the ones I recommend:
It’s worth mentioning, none of the agencies above even require you to have a blog! All you need is a good Twitter following, which is easier than you think.
Follow these tips to grow your Twitter following quickly.
2. Pay Per Sign Up
My love affair with Ebates began long before Twitter, but the two together are powerful.
Ebates constantly runs sales & promotions & bonuses from BIG brands like Old Navy, Pier One, and ToysRUs. And guess what, Old Navy, Pier One, and ToysRUs also have Twitter accounts… and followers!
So when Ebates is offering 20% cash back (like they are right now with Snapfish), share this with people following Snapfish online (using your Ebates referral link, of course).
If they haven’t yet signed up with Ebates, they might be interested.
How much can you make from Ebates per sign up?
HOLD ON TO YOUR CHAIR.
They pay up to $25,000!!!
In this current bonus period (starting 6 weeks ago) I’ve already referred 5 people – that’s $5 for each referral plus an $85 bonus, for a total of $110. PLUS the money I save when I shop online with Ebates myself.
So far I’ve earned more than $1,000 using Ebates ($1,210.54 to be exact).
Click here to sign up with Ebates & start earning cash back every time you shop online.
Here are a few other “pay per sign up” options:
- Affiliate Window – $30 per sign up (they offer the Etsy affiliate program!)
- Craftsy – $15 per signup plus a FREE course worth up to $49
- Bluehost – $65 per signup
- Linqia – $5 per sign up plus 15% commission
- Amazon Baby Registry – $5 per sign up
- Mabel’s Labels – $2.50 per sign up (and 10% per sale)
- Audible – $5-$10 per sign up
Each of these companies offers you an opportunity to earn commissions simply by sharing something that you believe in.
There are 2 things you want to be sure of:
- Make sure you genuinely stand behind the company you are referring. This is why companies like Craftsy & Mabel’s Labels will offer affiliates FREE products when they signup – so they can really speak authentically about the experience.
- You want to share your referral links with people who are already interested in that topic (see the discussion below about Twitter hashtags).
Click below to share this article on Twitter!5 Ways to Get Paid to Tweet #makemoneyonline #twittertipsClick To Tweet
3. Pay Per Click
My favorite pay per click opportunities come from working with Linqia.
Linqia has a few requirements, but I can help you with most of them.
- You need to have a blog. If you haven’t yet started a blog of your own, my post here will walk you through everything you’ll need to do to get up and running in under 10 minutes. Use my links to receive a free domain name ($15-$200 value), a special hosting price of $3.95/month, and a FREE coaching session from me! Click here for the full details.
- You need to have a social media following of at least 2,500. This is easier than you think – just follow this Twitter for Beginners guide.
- You need to live in the USA or Canada. Sorry, I can’t help you with this one! :(
Linqia works with big brands who will pay you per click. They say their average pay is $220 per campaign. When I first started with them, they offered me $120 in exchange for 150 clicks on a specific link
Without Twitter, it would be hard to encourage hundreds of clicks on a specific link.
But, with Twitter we can find specific groups of people who would be interested in reading more about specific topics.
How? It’s all about the hashtags!
For a recent baby wipe campaign, I searched for the hastags relating to #mom, #moms, #workingmom, #pregnant, #expecting, #momtobe, #newbaby, #babygirl, #babyboy, etc. Then I tweeted those people & shared my Linqia campaign link. Since I know they are already interested in this topic, it’s a win for everyone.
The secret with Linqia campaigns is to OVER perform. When they offered me $120 for 150 clicks, I delivered 800 clicks! My pay was still only $120, BUT when they offerred me $120 for the next campaign, I mentioned that I delivered 5 times the number of clicks on the previous campaign & asked for an increase in the offer. And I got it.
They more than doubled the next offer – up to $350.
My latest offer was $684 for just 1 campaign.
In December I worked on 5 campaigns for over $2,300!
4. Pay Per Sale
I work with a few different programs that pay me a percentage when someone buys after using my link.
One of the easiest to start making money with & most popular programs is Amazon.com. They minimum pay is 4% per sale, but the more items you sell, the more they will increase your percentage.
So, for example, if you buy ANYTHING on Amazon after clicking on my Amazon link, I will get a percentage of the sale, at no charge to you.
Try to stick to sharing products, courses, or discounts that your Twitter following will find useful. Products you buy & love. Products that are helpful & useful. Found an obscure but amazing product that you love? Share it!
There are tons of other companies who will pay you commissions for sales.
ShareASale has one of the biggest & best group of retailers to work with. I wish their site was prettier, but you quickly get the hang of it & it’s worth the effort.
Does your audience love to cook or bake or craft or DIY? Work with Craftsy to share awesome craft courses (and YOU will get a FREE course when you sign up with them).
Have many aspiring food bloggers asking you for advice? Refer them to Food Blogger Pro.
- American Express
- Lonely Planet
I recommend including pictures with these tweets, so they really stand out.5 ways to make money with Twitter! You need to read this! #getpaidClick To Tweet
5. Pay Per Party
When I went to my first Twitter Party I told my husband it started at 9pm.
He asked what time I would be back home…
Twitter Parties are online!
There is a specific time & day to attend & usually there is a website associated where you can register ahead of time.
There are SOOOO MANY Twitter parties each day & most of them give prizes to people for joining them – everything from free products to gift cards to CASH.
I’ve been PAID just to attend a Twitter party as a participant.
I’m working on a separate article just about Twitter parties, so if you want to make sure to get the scoop, sign up below & I’ll send you other ways I find to make money using Twitter.
That’s a Lot of Tweeting
Luckily there are some excellent tools available to help manage all those tweets.New to Twitter? Here's how to get PAID to tweet. #TwitterTips4NewbiesClick To Tweet
Originally I went with the free version, but I’ve upgraded to the Pro package & it’s been worth every cent.
Using their bulk upload feature, I pre-load up to 350 tweets per Twitter account to be sent over a few hours, days, or weeks. This makes it much easier to send targeted messages – I ONLY message people who are directly in the target market.
PHEW! That’s it for today, but make sure you signup above if you want to be the first to learn more.
Leave me a comment below to let me know if you plan to try any of these tips to get paid to tweet.
If you liked this article, follow me on Pinterest to read more interesting posts.
100+ Ways To Make Money Blogging
Get details on 100+ companies that will PAY you to blog!
These have been chosen specifically for MOM BLOGGERS.
Not a mom or a blogger? Don't worry, I'll send it to you anyway! ;)